Bond-Rite Self Testing Static Grounding Clamps with Visual Indication
- for bonding/earthing of portable/mobile plant equipment (drums, containers, FIBCs, tankers, etc.),
- plant items usually have a built-up of additional insulating layers, such as paints, resins, adhesives and other substances inherent to the processing environment, which creates a challenge to standard earthing clamps and may result in the clamp appearing to be physically attached, but not actually performing its intended function (safe static dissipation),
- the Bond-Rite clamps are in compliance with stringent safety standards and are suitable for use within ATEX zones.
Features & Benefits:
Bond-Rite grounding clamps contain a bright green LED which flashes continuously when the clamp detects the grounding circuit has a resistance of 10 ohms or less, informing the operator that hazardous electrostatic charges do not have the potential to accumulate on the equipment for the duration of the process,
tungsten carbide tips bite through product deposit build up, rust & or drum coatings to ensure proper bonding connections are made,
stainless steel grounding clamps designed to withstand use in tough chemical processing and industrial environments,
two conductor bonding cable in hytrel coating (thermoplastic polyester elastomer which is mechanically robust and resistant to chemical corrosion),
a 9V magnesium-lithium battery provides up to 6 months of power for equipment grounded for up to an average of 6 hours per day,
Quick Connect provides personnel with the flexibility of removing the grouding clamps from zoned/classified areas for battery replacement.
- wall mounted indicator station housed in a stainless steel enclosure (prefereable for harsh processing environments where a clamp-mounted LED indicator may be covered in dirt),
- 220/240V AC or 110/120V AC +/-10%, 50Hz mains supply is recommended for process applications that require grounding for more than 6 hours per day,
- the Bond-Rite EZ is a unique portable unit; in contrast to the standard version it features a cable with clamps at both ends ‒ one to be connected to the ground point (e.g. bus bar) and one to the item of plant at risk of static charge accumulation; when finished, the Bond-Rite can be used in another location.