EX 8000 / EX 5000 Multi-Zone Control Unit
- control unit for an explosion protection system (HRD containers, pressure and infra-red detectors),
- this multi-zone control unit performs the following control and diagnostic functions: system monitoring, distribution of stored energy for actuation of explosion-protection equipment and on-line verification of the status of an explosion suppression system,
- its modular design allows selective system activation (e.g. system activation for a single piece of equipment in which an explosion occured).
- signals received from pressure, spark, flame and temperature sensors are recorded, monitored and examined by the unit,
- HRD suppressant containers are actuated selectively, depending on the configuration of the explosion suppression and isolation system,
- monitoring and actuating lines are continuously controlled for short-circuits and earthing integrity,
- an emergency power supply system (battery) is included in case of power failure,
- remote arm/disarm capability for individual parts of the system,
- packaged into a robust enclosure; heating and air conditioning can be provided as an option,
- type of enclosure: IP 54, application area: zone 22, operating temperature: +5 to +40°C,
- ATEX compatible design.