MEX-3.2 Explosion Multisensor
- an element of the protection system for vessels and process equipment where flammable and combustible substances are handled in explosive concentrations,
- identification of explosion pressure rise, in its early stages, triggers the activation of the explosion protection system,
- designed for assembly on process vessels, ducts and pipelines in which ST1-ST3 class dusts are present as well as for gases and hybrid mixtures across all industries.
- MEX dynamic pressure sensors detect dangerous pressure rises, signal changes in temperature and respond when a preset critical pressure value is exceeded,
- the unit consists of two ceramic capacitive pressure measuring cells and a temperature sensor (optional); it uses innovative evaluation and decision making logic for explosion pressure identification,
- possibility of connecting to different control units through an FAB-3.2 terminal box,
- MEX-3.2 pressure measurement range: 0-2 (4) bar abs., temperatures: 0 to +160°C, process temperature: -20 to +125°C,
- FAB-3.2 terminal box: power consumption up to 1.5 W, ambient temperature -20 to +55°C,
- suitable for installation in external zones 22, 21, 2, 1, 0 and internal zones 22, 21, 20, 2, 1, 0,
- type of protection: II ½ D T 65C IP 68, II 1G EEx ia IIC T1-T6,
- ATEX compliant design.