Explosion Venting On Ducts and Pipelines – STT Type Diverter
- protection against propagation of explosion from processing equipment (e.g. mills) to silos, filters or electrostatic precipitators by controlled venting of explosion effects to the atmosphere (explosion isolation) and/or,
- protection against explosion propagation from silos, filters or electrostatic precipitators to the plant’s process equipment by controlled venting of explosion effects (explosion isolation).
- the diverter type flap is installed on ducts and pipelines for the protection of a process line from explosion or flame penetration and consequently from the damage caused by secondary explosions,
- at the moment of an explosion the flap is released from snap fasteners and the flap’s lid is opened,
- the lid’s opening pressure is set to the factory’s default values and the fasteners are sealed,
- the diverter’s basic operating principle is similar to that of TT-Uni-K type doors (see safety doors),
- it is possible to use a limit sensor to signal the opening of the diverter’s flap,
- the diverter can be made in two versions:
- the flap is closed manually after an explosion,
- the flap is closed automatically after an explosion.