Earth-Rite Plus Technology
In order to control the fire and explosion risks in areas where many combustible liquids and powders are processed or handled the Earth-Rite PLUS can be used to safely dissipate electrostatic charges from plant equipment and prevent uncontrolled incendive static spark discharges.
The Earth-Rite PLUS continuously monitors the connection to the potentially charged object and the system’s own connection to the designated site plant earth, ensuring any static charges generated on the object are removed from the hazardous area.
Three attention grabbing LEDs pulse repeatedly to indicate to operators when the object to be earthed has a 10 ohm (or less) connection to the designated site plant earth.
Features and Benefits:
- Attention grabbing LEDs | Three green LEDs continuously pulse informing operators that the object to be protected from static discharges is correctly earthed. When the system is not in use, or when it detects the resistance in the static dissipation path is higher than 10 ohms*, a red LED illuminates the indicator panel located in the enclosure.
- two volt free output contacts can interlock with electro-mechanical devices, PLC systems to shutdown the flow of product, attention grabbing audible alarms or strobe lights,
- wide operating temperature range: -40 to +55°C,
- detachable clamp & cable – the Quick Connect system provides flexible and easy removal of grounding clamp and cable from the hazardous area for maintenance,
- System components: monitoring unit with earth status indicator LEDs, junction box complete with a clamp stowage point, stainless steel heavy duty fastening clamp complete with hytrel covered spiral cable.
- the monitoring unit enclosure is made in copper-free cast aluminium.
- SoundEx audible alarm,
- Self Retracting Cable Reel.