Static Grounding and Bonding
Earhing Systems are part of Explosion Safety Systems
- static grounding protection for tanker trucks,
- static grounding protection for tanks, drums and big-bugs (provided that the mode selector keyswitch is in place).
- verification of a static ground connection on a wide range of industrial plant, including drums, IBC’s, containers, rail tankers and other conductive equipment.
- monitoring the resistance of Type C FIBC bags ensuring that the conductive elements of the bag are capable of dissipating static charges in compliance with Cenelec CLC/TR: 50404.
- One Earth-Rite Multipoint unit can monitor up to 8 potentially isolated conductive components on processing machinery engaged in powder processing operations within zoned or classified areas,
- Applications with items of process plant incorporating sections, which must be removed periodically for cleaning, product discharge or other purposes (whose removable parts may become isolated conductors), including systems for dust control, grinding, diminution, powder handling, emptying/filling of silos and tanks, and driers.
- the Earth-Rite OMEGA system enables engineers, contractors and OEMs to incorporate dedicated static earth monitoring as part of larger plant instrumentation and control systems,
- the Earth-Rite Omega module is designed for rail mounting (35 mm, DIN standard) into control panels. The system is capable of checking resistance between two points and providing relay output switching at a user-defined set point,
- typical applications include temporary ground condition monitoring of all mobile conductive plant items and permanent continuity monitoring of fixed plant items in all flammable atmosphere zones, as well as monitoring simple devices such as float switches in hazardous areas.
Sole-Mate is an easy-to-use device designed to check the condition of static-dissipative (anti-static) footwear prior to entering a safety critical hazardous area (potentially explosive atmosphere). The Sole-Mate mat tests continuity from the operative’s finger to the floor plate right through the static dissipative footwear. The unit is installed at the entrance to a hazardous area – it will provide a “pass” or “fail” signal depending on whether or not the resistance falls within the pre-set limits. The Sole-Mate is set to measure resistance according to the EN345 standard (lower and upper limit), but alternative ranges are also available.
- Designed for use with static dissipative industrial safety footwear,
- Also suitable for use with static dissipative gloves,
- Calibrated to NAMAS standards,
- High visibility indicators and shrill “fail” audible alarm,
- Simple to install and operate,
- Strong and durable design.
- for bonding/earthing of portable/mobile plant equipment (drums, containers, FIBCs, tankers, etc.),
- plant items usually have a built-up of additional insulating layers, such as paints, resins, adhesives and other substances inherent to the processing environment, which creates a challenge to standard earthing clamps and may result in the clamp appearing to be physically attached, but not actually performing its intended function (safe static dissipation),
- the Bond-Rite clamps are in compliance with stringent safety standards and are suitable for use within ATEX zones.
Cenelectrex static discharge reels are available in many size/length options, have a self retracting cable drum and instant lock mechanism to prevent cable becoming tangled. They are usually fitted with a Cling-On Clamp, but alternative clamps are also available, including Bond-Rite.
304 stainless steel heavy duty clamp is designed for earthing many types of containers, drums / barrels, kegs, open vessels, IBC’s and mobile tankers. The clamp has twin tungsten carbide teeth to provide a reliable connection. Ideal for clean room applications or areas where high corrosion resistance is required.
Medium duty clamp with two stainless steel contacts, suited to lighter applications such as earthing and bonding of small containers, carboys and vessels. Available in carbon steel or stainless steel construction.
- FIBC clamp
Specially designed to provide a positive connection to type C big bags or static dissipative liners, without damaging their material.
- C type clamps
Three sizes of “C” clamps are available for semi-permanent bonding to drums on storage/filling racks or where a “screw-tight” connection is required.
- Aircraft clamps
The ALS-lOA Static bonding clamp has special plated steel jaws designed for attaching to aircraft grounding posts or landing gear, and is made to US military specifications: NSN#5999-00-134-5844 and MIL M83413/7-1.
- Pipe clamps
Available in a range of nominal sizes from DN 15 to DN 150 providing a semi-permanent ground connection for bonding items to earthed conductive pipes.
- Screwdown clamp
Heavy duty clamp for earthing barges, vessels or rail cars, or wherever a positive screw down clamping action is required.
Designed to combine low electrical resistance with high mechanical strength, special grounding and bonding cables are available in a range of length from 1 to 15 meters. A hytrel chemical and abrasion resistant covering enables the cables to be used in many types of industries/applications. Cables are available in spiral extendable form or straight lengths, and colour coded green for European standards or orange for North America. The client may choose from a wide range of specialist products to obtain an optimal combination of clamps and cables for a particular application. All items can be purchased separately for self-assembly or supplied as fitted and tested assemblies.